I found another vintage lampshade to cover recently, a larger version of this project.
As with the last, I used the original cover for my template. Only I added a little extra to the width, simply because the ones I have seen have been stretched tight, to the extent that they have torn.
I have been hoarding this wonderful antique German homespun, greedy with the knowledge there are endless possibilities for it but nevertheless reluctant to make the chop. It is gorgeous, real quality and quite weighty stuff, perfect for anything in my book, even dressmaking, or so I'll be finding out soon enough I expect.
When it came to embellishment, I really did think long and hard. However ultimately the shade is destined for the guest room which I don't want to be gender specific. By definition the shape errs on the feminine side so I'm hoping the checks balance it out. The button is a vintage one from my ever growing stash .. and I dare say you understand all about that!
By the way, one thing I didn't mention last time, if you make your own it is essential to coat the fabric with fire retardant and let it dry before putting it over the frame. I found an environmentally friendly one here.
Wishing you a lovely week ahead, wherever you may be.