I bought this set of small clip-on vintage lampshades with the intention of recovering them long ago but, the usual story, they've been sitting in my sewing room collecting dust. Making lampshades has always seemed a little daunting to me but lampshades I needed, so finally I took the plunge.
To be honest, I didn't really know where to start. Neither my book, nor the internet were much help for this shape so I ended up dissecting one of the originals and putting the new ones together in much the same way. It actually turned out to be very straightforward and a lot of fun too.
The fabric is by Cath Kidston. I have to say I don't normally go for CK ever since she became so ubiquitous. I like things to be as unique as possible but this is probably my favourite of all her patterns and it's been discontinued for some time now. That makes it ok in my book I think and, in any case, I had some remnants left from a project long gone.
I also wanted to keep something from the vintage original so in this case I reattached a single length of the ribbon trim, the colour of which just so happens to be a perfect match for the new fabric.
I hope you're having a sunny Wednesday, it's a beautiful day here!