31.12.09

new year's eve



Not too many words, probably too many photos, all taken over our Christmas break which was wonderful, the best in a long time I think. My parents came to stay - on Boxing Day; later than planned because of the big freeze although we certainly made up for it. They left today - earlier than planned because of the predicted second big freeze! And given they're out gritting the roads as I write (not my parents, of course!), they probably made a very wise choice. Oh well, but I have to say I do almost feel as though it's January 1st already since we celebrated well last night!!

For those of you who read my St Julia's post, you will know that 2009 has been a bit of a rubbish year for my parents and me - our "annus horribilis" (love that saying) if you like. But I for one am hoping for a truly splendiferous 2010. I gave up making resolutions years ago because I never could stick to them but this time? I'm going out there, grabbing it tightly oh yes, taking some opportunities for myself and my family - and now I have that in writing, I'm going to have to go through with it aren't I? Oops ...






no idea what colour these will be ..


not much crafting I'm afraid although our resident Wall-E's been raiding the recycling (again) ..


a familiar sight now, he's been three times so far this week ..


taken today, the photos don't give away just how cold and windy ..





love this ..


definitely no takers today ..



daily challenges, endless laughs ..



are these early?



Thank you all for having me, for bringing me into the fold, and for making this thing called blogging a whole lot more fun than I ever thought possible - I so wish I'd started sooner!

Happy New Year to you all. See you in 2010!

7 comments:

  1. Hope 2010 is all that you want it to be Kate. Isn't blogging great fun?
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Kate! I love the photos in this post, the snowdrops made me smile. I do hope 2010 will be a happier time for you and your family.


    Jeanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photographs! Hoping that the new year will be everything you want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and a Happy New Year to you too.

    Spectacular pictures, absolutely awesome. I never get bored of taking coastal pictures.

    Here's to 2010 I too am hoping it's going to be a mighty fine one too.

    take care,

    Nina xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes they are early - but what a lovely welcome sight!! Lovely photos. Happy 2010 to you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back in circulation again and so wanted to thank you for your kind comment on my last post. It has meant a lot to me to know that in the short time I have been blogging I seem to have made so many caring and supportive friends.

    Love the photos on this post of yours - I especially like the fourth one it's so atmospheric.

    Do come back to see me again soon I promise not to be away too long in future!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year to you, too - I hope it will be a good one for you! And yes, I have enough hedgerow jam to last me all year - I eat some every day!! I am sure it is very good for me - elderberries are rich in vitamin C, I think, but it certainly cheers me up, so that is reason enough to keep eating it!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete

There's nothing like a comment to stop me feeling like I'm talking to myself. If you leave one here I'll pop one back here too, so don't forget to come back and continue the conversation ..

,