23.5.15

flying home




Hello out there, I'm popping in to my old patch with a show and tell, hehe. It only took me 10 months to make!

This is "Flying Home" by Kat Coyle and I love it. The lace weight yarn took a bit of getting used to though, I couldn't sense it resting on my hand as it was so light and I have this feeling finger weight will feel like bulky after the experience. However, Swans Island is a beautiful yarn to knit with - but I knew that already, having so enjoyed my time with Lila. And as for this colour, Honeycomb is to die for, it is the perfect shade. Though sadly not a perfect choice for my skin colouring so I think I shall be gifting it to someone who will hopefully get more use of it.

I took the idea of the contrast edging from here and here and I'm so pleased I did it. And yes, the grey fetish continues. I also knitted it a little larger than the pattern, 14 repeats total. All the deets are here in Ravelry.

So now I'm happy to be reunited with my dusty needles, I'm sifting through my Favourites whilst I decide what's next. Ravelry's made a few changes since I last visited, have you seen the 'bundles' feature? Makes life so much easier!

So how are you doin'? My daughter and I have been watching 'Friends'! Can't you tell? :)



19 comments:

  1. Such a pretty shawl Kate and such a beautiful colour too. :)
    Glad to hear you're well and back knitting again!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vivian. And I hope you are well x

      Delete
  2. Lovely to hear from you again - was wondering about you the other day. The shawl is beautiful, I love the little touch of grey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind, thanks Karen. And thank you, I love the touch of grey too :)

      Delete
  3. It's a stunning knit Kate, and how lovely to find you popping back into the land of blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, it feels a little strange to be popping in here after all this time :)

      Delete
  4. gorgeous! so happy to read you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, how good to see a new post from you, and one with such a gorgeous knitting creation! Lace weight yarn really is a pleasure to use, even though the projects do take a very long time. Or mine do, anyway! The design of your shawl is lovely, and your use of the contrast edging was a very fine idea.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frances. I love lace weight now too, though the fingering weight I just picked up seems so bulky now :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely to read your post. The grey edging is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey nice to 'see you' again! lovely shawl. I love that colour but like you... can't really carry it off..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica. Yep, the colour is not for me but I do love it. This is destined for one of my son's teachers.

      Delete
  8. Great shawl. I've been on a bit of lacework kick recently myself. By the way, I did finally make the Merchant & Mills dress, which I absolutely love. Thanks for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia. And yay for making the M&M. So pleased you're loving it!

      Delete
  9. ohhh how long...., you missed. A very beautiful Project. Avelina

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

There's nothing like a comment to stop me feeling like I'm talking to myself. If you leave one here I'll pop one back here too, so don't forget to come back and continue the conversation ..

,