6.12.13

song of the sea




Thank you all for your comments on my stacked columns wrap. I've been making good use of it this week, it's turning so cold. Today it is -5 degrees and it's destined to get colder still. Brrrrr! I'm just about to embark on a baking morning, I reckon there's no place nicer than a warm kitchen at the moment.

You may find this hard to believe but we have been in Canada now for a whole year. Hasn't time flown by so quickly? Then again, when I think about everything we've done and achieved since arriving it doesn't surprise me so much but I really should be documenting it more. As well as selling our home in London, we have moved three times but I have to say I am happiest just where we are right now. We have a lovely house, not large but just right and it's close to school, within a friendly community. That can't be bad. We also have the most lovely neighbours. My goodness, they have been so warm and kind since we arrived in July, I have been bowled over by the gifts and sweetness that have been brought to our door.

For Christmas I so want to give something back, something special that has been chosen with careful thought. So after several episodes of curtain twitching (hopefully unnoticed) I chose a thyme green skein of Madelinetosh Merino Light and Song of the Sea for one particularly fantastic lady. This turned out to be such a beautiful knit, by the way. Rhythmic and peaceful, just like the waves not so far from our home. Details and more thoughts are over here on Ravelry.

Are you making any Christmas gifts? To be honest I thought I was doing quite well but suddenly realised time is not on my side any more. Back to those needles ..

Happy weekend!

12 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful Kate and I am quite sure it will be greatly appreciated!
    I'm glad you are all well settled in Canada and that it's everything you had hoped it would be!
    Happy weekend,
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knitting is absolutely lovely. I have used that same Madelinetosh yarn and know it's a pleasure to use, and its results are rather lovely, too.

    I also liked the way that you've described your move to Canada, and how this past year has treated you and yours. May 2014 continue to give happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, you have knitted a wonderful thing there, it really is. I have heard that Canada it's a good place to live, glad you are happy there. I would like to see some photos of the landscape around you, if you don't mind lol :)

    Have a great weekend!

    Lluisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really beautiful and thoughtful gift made by hand Kate, I am sure your neighbour will appreciate your time and live put into making this, a sign of your appreciation of her kindness. I am busy knitting a cardigan for our 2 year old niece and need to get cracking otherwise my handmade gifting is going to fall behind xx really pleased you are settled and happy xox Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo this is gorgeous, I love the colour, it seems to suit this time of year so well. Goregous, you have a lucky lucky neighbour. - Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo beautiful Kate! I love the colour and it seems the waves arriving to the beach. I´m doing some Christmas gifts, but I think that last night before Christmas eve will be very busy for me, ha, ha, ha! Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful present!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful knit Kate ... a gift that anyone would treasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Georgeous, georgeous! I just love this, what a wonderful gift! I can't believe you've been in Canada for a year, so glad you are happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gosh that is a beautiful gift x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful knit, in an oh so pretty colour.... What a lucky duck your neighbour is!

    ReplyDelete

There's nothing like a comment to stop me feeling like I'm talking to myself. If you leave one here I'll pop one back here too, so don't forget to come back and continue the conversation ..

,