There's a distinct shortage of pyjamas in somebody's wardrobe in this house at the moment and I reckon it's that growing business again!
Now it just so happens I've already earmarked a few patterns I want to try this year that require buttonholes and seeing as this is one of those things I've not tackled in my dressmaking so far, I decided this to be the perfect opportunity. After all, if it turned into a botched job it wouldn't be the end of the world, I could always run up a different top and all would be well.
I bought this vintage Horrockses sheet recently for not much money at all, you see the minute I saw its pastel coloured candy stripes I knew it would be perfect for giving it a new life as some Spring nightwear. MLF has certainly made lots of use of her brushed cotton pyjamas these past couple of months but obviously something a little lighter will be in order for the seasons ahead. A strange one this; for a girl who will pretty much wear only dresses or skirts, she prefers pjs to a nightie.
The pattern I used is from this Japanese book, the same one I turned to for this dress as it happens. Placing and cutting out the pattern pieces was a cinch, not to mention adding the pockets, having the narrow stripes as guidance, and better still when I incorporated the wide hem of the sheet into the bottom of the trousers. I even had some spotty buttons waiting in the tin which I think look fun with the stripes. All was well, it was a lovely pattern to sew, very straightforward and, phew, everything went to plan; buttonholes are fun! The model was accommodating too, even wanting to walk off wearing the goods .. praise indeed!
Have a lovely day - I'll be back on Friday with a giveaway.